NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS GAME.
Sponsor: Sexy Hair Concepts, LLC, 5800 Bristol Parkway, Suite 700. Culver City, CA. 90230.
Administrator: Octopus Marketing Group, 223 West 38th Street, Box 425, New York, NY 10018; an independent judging organization.
- BY PLAYING THE “UNLOCK THE CURE TO THE CURE” INSTANT WIN GAME (“GAME”) AND/OR ENTERING THE GAME’S GRAND PRIZE AND SECOND CHANCE DRAWING, EACH ENTRANT AFFIRMS THAT HE/SHE HAS READ, UNDERSTOOD AND ACCEPTED THESE OFFICIAL RULES. WINNING A PRIZE IS CONTINGENT UPON FULFILLMENT OF ALL REQUIREMENTS SET FORTH HEREIN.
- Eligibility: Game (“Game”) is open to legal, licensed stylists, salon owners, and cosmetology students in the 50 United States (including the District of Columbia) and Canada (except the province of Quebec) age 18 or older at time of entry (“entrant”). Employees of the Sponsor, Administrator, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, affiliates, and other individuals engaged in the development or administration of the Game (all collectively, “Game Entities”), and their immediate family members (herein, defined as spouse, parents, siblings, children and grandparents) and those living in the same household of each such Game Entity are not eligible to enter or win. Game is governed by the laws of the United States and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Play Period: Game starts at 12:00:00AM on September 1, 2018 ET on ends at 11:59:59 ET on November 1, 2018. The Administrator’s agent computer system shall be the official timekeeper for the Game.
- How to Play: Visit FindTheKeyToTheCure.com during the Play Period and follow onscreen instructions to register for a chance to play the game. Click on the virtual key located on the Game Page. Once you click on the key (“Game Play”), you will receive a winning or non-winning message. If you receive a “Sorry, You are not a winner” message, you are not an instant winner. If you receive a “Congratulations!” message you are an instant winner, subject to verification. Potential instant winners will be notified by email with instructions on how to claim the prize. A notification email will be sent to the email provided by potential winner when he/she registered to play the Game. Limit: one (1) Game Play per person/email address per day. Multiple Game Plays from any person through a different identity or through the use of any other robotic device or artifice will be deemed invalid. All Entries will not be returned or acknowledged.
- SECOND CHANCE DRAWING: If you are not an instant winner, your entry information will be entered into a random drawing for any unclaimed prizes, to take place on or about 11/15/2018. (“Second Chance Drawing.” The odds of winning a prize in the Second Chance drawing are determined by the number of eligible entries received and the total number of available unclaimed instant prizes. All winners are subject to verification and satisfaction of eligibility requirements. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an entrant or ownership or rights to the Entry, the Sponsor may: 1) disqualify the game play, and /or request proof from the entrant of being the authorized account holder of the entrant’s email address at the time of Submission of Play. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to the email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.,) which is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
- INSTANT WIN PRIZES: ONE HUNDRED (100) PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED IN TOTAL. Prizes and Approximate Retail Values (“ARV”) for each prize are as follows: Grand (1): Tiffany Fleur De Lis Key Diamond Pendant with 18″ Platinum Necklace (ARV $4,625.00), Second Prizes (10) Tiffany Sterling Silver Crown Key Pendant with 18″ chain Necklace (ARV $355.00 ea.) Third Prizes (89): A Collection of Sexy Hair Products (ARV $100.00 ea.) Total ARV of all Instant Prizes: $17,075.00. Prizes awarded as is and their manufacturers’ instructions and warranties, if applicable, will apply. No substitution of any prize offered, no transfer of any prize to a third party is permitted and prizes may not be redeemed for cash value, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute any prize for a prize of comparable or greater value. If actual value of any prize is lower than the stated ARV when prize is procured and fulfilled, the difference will not be awarded. All fees, federal, state, local or other expenses relating to the use, acceptance and possession of any prize are the sole responsibility of each winner. Taxes are the responsibility of each winner. An IRS form 1099 will be filed in the name of the winner for the value of any prize valued at $600.00 or higher.
- TO CLAIM AN INSTANT WIN PRIZE: ALL PRIZE CLAIMS MUST BE RECEIVED BY 11/01/2018. To claim prize, do one of the following: print the screen containing the winner announcement and mail it to the following address with a piece of paper containing your name, complete address, birthdate, and phone number (collectively the “prize claim”). Insert prize claim in a #10 envelope and mail via certified return receipt mail to: Octopus Marketing Group, 223 West 38thStreet, Box 425, New York, NY. 10018, Unlock the Cure Instant Win Prize Claim, Instant Win Game Winners. PRIZE CLAIM MUST BE RECEIVED BY 11/13/2018. SECOND CHANCE DRAWING:If you are not an instant winner, your entry information will be entered into a random drawing for any unclaimed prizes, to take place on or 11/15/2018 (“Second Chance Drawing”). The odds of winning a prize in the Second Chance Drawing are determined by the total number of eligible entries received and total number of available unclaimed prizes. All winners are subject to verification and satisfaction of eligibility requirements.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: Once a potential winning game play is verified, the potential winner will be notified by email, U.S. mail and/or overnight carrier. Each winner must be able to receive phone calls from an unlisted/blocked number. The contact information provided on the entry will be used to notify winners. Grand Prize winner will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and, unless prohibited by law, a Publicity Release (“Affidavit/Release”) as well as any other documents (“Prize Notification Documents”) within ten (10) days of the date specified on notification, or he/she may be disqualified. Will be able to provide the notarized affidavit scan and emailed or/and a prepaid overnight mailing envelope may be provided if Grand Prize winner is contacted via mail or overnight carrier. If an Affidavit/Release, and/or a prize notification or a prize is returned as undeliverable or if a prize is forfeited, or if any required document is not returned within the stated time period, or if a selected winner cannot accept or receive the prize for any reason, or if he/she is not in compliance with these Official Rules, the corresponding prize may be awarded to an alternate winner from all eligible Second Chance Drawing entries. A prize may be forfeited if a winner is not reachable at address or phone number provided or a forwarding address is not made available. Prize award notices will be sent to each winner approximately thirty (30) days after verification. Except where prohibited by law, entry and acceptance of prize constitute permission for Sponsor and its agents to use each winner’s name, prize won, hometown, likeness, video tape, photographs, and statements for purposes of future marketing campaigns, advertising, promotion and publicity (including online posting) in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification or permission.
- RELEASES: Participating entrants agree to these Official Rules and to the decisions of the independent judging organization and Sponsor, which shall be final. Participating entrants hereby release, defend and hold harmless Released Parties as well as the employees, officers, directors and agents of each, from all claims, demands, liabilities, or actions of any kind whatsoever alleging any injury, damages or losses of any kind to persons (including death) and/or property arising out of or sustained in connection with, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, the Game, these Official Rules, the interpretation or implementation of these Official Rules, any prize awarded hereunder, and from any and all claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy. Sponsor is not responsible if Game cannot take place or if any prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism. Winners assume all liability for any injury or damage caused or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Game or use or redemption of any prize. Released Parties assume no liability or responsibility or warranties in connection with the safety or performance of any prize awarded hereunder. Winners are responsible for the safe and appropriate use of prizes by themselves or by any others in their care.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: Prize claims subject to verification by, and Second Chance Drawing will be conducted by, an independent judging organization whose decisions are final. All entries, requests and/or materials submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged. No mechanically reproduced or photocopied requests will be accepted. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical, printing, or other errors; or for entries that are late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, stolen, mutilated or illegible, postage due, damaged, torn or separated mail due to improper packaging or any combination thereof. If through production errors, more prize winning Game Plays are communicated than those prize quantities offered in the Official Rules, no more than the actual number of prizes per the Game’s Official Rules will be awarded. Should such a situation occur, winner(s) would be determined in a random drawing from among all submitted eligible and verified winning prize claims at that specific prize level. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Game, including the Second Chance Drawing, if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity of the Game, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award any prize at random from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received for
- Second Chance Drawing up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor is not responsible for error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of, or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or any combination thereof. Sponsor is also not responsible for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any materials in the Game. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Game as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, or any federal, state, or local government law, order, or regulation, or order of any court or other cause not within Sponsor’s control, Sponsor shall, in its sole discretion, suspend, or terminate the Game.
CAUTION: Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage Game’s web site or undermine the legitimate operations of the Game is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and diligently pursue all remedies against any such individual to the fullest extent permitted by law. Game, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of New York, USA without regard to New York choice of law rules. Entrant, through participation in the Game, hereby consents to the exclusive jurisdiction of the State and Federal Courts for the State of New York.
- Arbitration: To the extent permitted by law, as a condition of entering the Game, each entrant agrees that (1) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, (2) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Game or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action and shall be resolved exclusively by arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association, and (3) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Game, but in no event attorney’s fees.
- Winner’s List: For a list of winners (available after November 1, 2018) send a stamped, self- addressed envelope by September 15, 2018 to: “Unlock The Cure” Instant Win Game Winners, Octopus Marketing Group, 223 West 38th Street, Box 425, New York, NY. 10018